Introductory Offer For New Clients
Coaching for parents/caregivers of children, teens and young adults (18-24).
Three 45 minute sessions for $180
Book through website or call: 203-731-7557
I offer coaching for parents or caregivers wishing further guidance and/or resources on how to help a child who has
- Suffered trauma and/or adverse childhood experiences
- Symptoms of anxiety, stress and/or depression that are interfering with their ability to work, play, focus, love and enjoy life.
- Witnessed a traumatic event
- School or learning difficulties that may be stress or trauma related.
I do not offer medical or clinical advice. I guide parents and caregivers to appropriate resources, specialists and therapies based on the specific symptoms and issues their child is facing.
While learning about and seeking out appropriate treatment, parents often need help managing day to day symptoms and behaviors that may surface in the context of home life, school, friendships, relationships and other interactions.
I offer guidance on how to effectively manage complex behaviors, emotions and symptoms of anxiety/depression that frequently arrive in a home environment in which acute stress or trauma are present. This includes:
- Skills on how to listen non-judgmentally. Helpful (and non-helpful) language which can foster deeper parent/child connection and a feeling of safety.
- Effective methods of discipline. Disciplining a child who has undergone trauma or adverse childhood experiences takes a more mindful approach than disciplining a child who has not experienced such stress.
- Calming routines and rituals.
- Help in recognizing how trauma and stress can play out in a classroom or learning environment, often mimicking conditions such as ADHD or learning disabilities and how to best communicate with teachers and school officials.
- A deeper understanding of what is going on in the brain of a stressed and/or traumatized child. Knowledge is power when it comes to stress and trauma.
There are excellent resources available for children who are struggling with stress, trauma, anxiety and depression, however finding the ones that are right for your child can be challenging. I strive to help parents and caregivers better understand the pros and cons of various therapies and treatments in an effort to help them be as trauma informed as possible while communicating with the physicians, therapists and teachers with whom their child has contact.
- Phone sessions available. Sessions are 45 minutes and cost $75 and include limited email follow up after the session.
To book a session, contact through website or, call 203-731-7557